A Welcome Rant

I don't claim to know everything, but I do feel like I have something to say...something worth your time to read and worth your while to walk away thinking about. I am like you, Im here on a journey in this thing called LIFE.

Emotions are not something I hide easily, nor do I even want to anymore, they do, afterall, let me know that I am alive inside, that I can still feel, that I still AM.

I welcome interaction with you, your thoughts, your opinions, your stories. I came here to share, and I have hopes that I will learn as well.

Welcome to my world, my thoughts, my insane ramblings, and my over the top opinions! Welcome to ME!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Say When

Do you remember the wrestling you did with your brothers and sisters or your best friend as a kid? Do you remember the moment when you either had them and they had to surrender, or they had you, and all you had to do was say, "Ok I give!"?  Yea, well, that's kind of where I am right now, in a full nelson with life and just when I was ready to concede, the warm heart of a friend found me and brushed me off, encouraged me and convinced me to get back up and keep fighting the good fight.
I read a quote today that said, "Adversity introduces a man to himself", and I could only nod in agreement through the tears that were falling from my eyes because truer words have not been written. This isn't the first time in my life I have been bruised and tired, and I'm sure that it won't be the last either; and hell, it won't be the last time I cry or the last time I am brought to my knees emotionally; but in the midst of the struggle and the pain, I find Myself! I find out what I am made of, I find out what I am capable of, and I find out how strong I am. I am a strong woman on a journey of self discovery, a mother who loves with fierceness, a sister who loves with all my heart, and a daughter who is thankful each and everyday for the love given and received with my parents.

I am a woman bound and determined to change the world; even if that means one person at a time. I'm dedicated to fighting the good fight; I'm committed to putting positive out there in hopes that one day it will create the ripple effect that will turn into waves of positive love and light in our world.

There will always be forces at work trying to steal my thunder, people and experiences that will test my Faith, and negative energies that will dedicate themselves to putting out my light inside...and they can try, but one thing is for certain.....

I won't break. I won't give in or back down. You can't beat me.
Say when? No, I don't think so, not here, not now, not ever.
I think Bon Jovi said it best;

"When the world gets in my face I say....have a nice day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment