A Welcome Rant

I don't claim to know everything, but I do feel like I have something to say...something worth your time to read and worth your while to walk away thinking about. I am like you, Im here on a journey in this thing called LIFE.

Emotions are not something I hide easily, nor do I even want to anymore, they do, afterall, let me know that I am alive inside, that I can still feel, that I still AM.

I welcome interaction with you, your thoughts, your opinions, your stories. I came here to share, and I have hopes that I will learn as well.

Welcome to my world, my thoughts, my insane ramblings, and my over the top opinions! Welcome to ME!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Big Push

Well, as my fall semester approaches, I'm realizing how nervous I feel. I'm not sure I have felt this way since I actually started college. It's time for me to really make the big push, to get in all the remaining credits that I need, to absorb as much as I can, and maintain that GPA.
Maybe I'm nervous because I am realizing more and more with the passing days that I am going to have to sacrifice more than I have up to this point, to make all this work and be successful. I feel like I am about to go into hibernation, because honestly, I know that to do what I need to do, and to do it well, Im going to have to give up alot.

I still have days when I wish...if only, I would have gone to college out of highschool, but then the reality sets in that I wasn't ready to be disciplined and focused then, and I'm not really sure I would have been the student that I am now. Life and time kind of teach us about how to learn and be good students of life, dont you think?  And I never regret the decision to have my children, because afterall, I'm still young enough and vibrant enough to get out and discover life after parenting, well, parenting is never over, but for anyone who has raised children and watched them blossom into their own and venture out into the world, you know what I mean.  I now have time to really sink my teeth into my own dreams and goals.

I'm starting to be able to "see" my future, I feel my heart guiding me down the roads I need to follow, and I know that all paths lead me to this career I am working so hard to build. Nothing about my journey has been easy or traditional, but as is the way in my life, I have overcome and persevered to get where I need to be,and with each goal I reach I can breathe a sigh of success because I know I earned it.
Maybe most importantly, I have learned that its never too late to go out and make your life, it's never too late to dream a dream and GO FOR IT.  I will keep reaching and climbing until the breath leaves my lungs and feel truly grateful for the opportunities that I have been given.

2 comments:

  1. As you give advice, know that you will be ok, just have to focus, i have much faith in you, you well be just fine, have a great semester...

    DAS"King"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sweetheart.....and I love you for the support and encouragement that you give me

    ReplyDelete